Thursday, November 22, 2007

COMIC REVIEW: HOUSE OF M AVENGERS


COMIC REVIEW: HOUSE OF M AVENGERS
review by Phillip Seahorn
written by Christopher N. Gage (now who the hell is this REALLY)
art by Mike Perkins
colorist Laura Martin
letterer VC's Russ Wooten
Talk about old school in the new groove.
This is a series that is very unique in a major way: Luke Cage, as his "Hero for Hire "persona almost 40 years ago, plus him leading a very strange but familiar Avengers.
Now, I think, to enjoy this comic fully, one has to be my age, when I was collecting the original "Luke Cage" back in the 70's.
To see this version now, and the way that it is presented is indeed a new twist.
This is a very serious comic, with a lot of social message.
But, if this first issue is any indication, this should get very weird very quick.
I like this new "Avengers" title, and it should really really be picked up.
Art is also good.
I think this will be a very interesting run.