Monday, May 22, 2006

MOVIE REVIEW FOR "THE DA VINCI CODE"






















MOVIE REVIEW FOR"THE DA VINCI CODE"
review and artwork by Phillip Seahorn
Starring:
Directed by: Ron Howard
Produced by: Dan Brown, Todd Hallowell, Brian Grazer

It was a huge weekend for the box office. And they said it wouldn't happen.

Here in St. Louis, there were a group of grown folks trying to tell other grown folks that they were, essentially, going to hell if they enjoyed and/or embraced this movie.

Or stumbled over popcorn that had been inside the theatre during the showing of the movie.

'THE DA VINCI CODE" is a GOOD MOVIE.

A fucking piece of fictional entertainment.

In 2006, it is very disturbing to hear words like "blasphemous" and"heresy".This is the type of thinking that is killing people in the Middle East and Africa.

We, as Westerners, should know better.

This movie is entertaining.So will "The Omen" (2006) will be.If you look at a sideways comparison, both movies are the same.

THEY BOTH "BLASPHEME" THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Ever been to a boycott of "The OMEN?"

I'm Catholic.I saw the movie.I love my faith.I loved this movie.And I'm still trying to figure out that (and this knowledge is WIDELY known) so many considered Jesus to have been JUST A MAN, this"announcement" to the world, directly from Hell!! A man that had a hotline directly to THE BIG GUY (OR GIRL),sure, and could do some miraculous things, BUT HE WAS JUST A MAN. As a Catholic, I am not offended by this.Again, I know the teachings of my religion.But I embrace other notions of who Jesus was.And I did not let this interfere with my enjoyment of "A MOVIE".I hope my church realized the quarter of a million dollars worth of publicity this gave this movie.Whatever or whoever Jesus was, HE STILL WORKS WONDERS.

Now, I hope my church did not know that people are well aware of the unspeakable atrocities that have been committed in the name of my faith.Oops, how the hell did THAT get out?

THIS MOVIE WAS BIG BOX OFFICE IN ITALY, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

oh , shit.

The photography is excellent, and will make you want to go to Europe, especially France and England.

Tom Hanks is an actor's actor.Like Morgan Freeman, he brings class and dignity to a movie.

Jean Reno's performance as "The Left Hand of Opus Dei" (Silas being "the Right Hand") might earn him "Best Supporting" actor.

Silas the Monk is , like Hoffman's villain character in "MI3", one of the better villians in a while.
I now understand the comic fandom super buzz over this guy playing "The Joker" in the next "Batman".

This movie, however, maligns the hell out of Albino Folk.It almost reminded mo of the "evil hunchback" shit. So, I think the "albino villian"in this movie as more along the lines of"The Matrix" Albino villians instead for Silas in this movie.

All in all, a good movie covering shit that people already knew, but has suddenly become"controversial". Go and see a good "Tom Hanks" movie, which is what this movie really is all about.

THE SEAHORN MOVIEMETER: "A"